Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Court-Martialed, Shot and then Sent to the Russian Front

I sent a version of my Hogan's Heroes re-make idea to Tim Goodman and his crew at the TV Talk Machine podcast, and they read it this week and gave some of their thoughts.  Listen here from 26:40 on to 31:00 or so. 

They were impressed by my HH knowledge, thinking perhaps that profs are above that kind of thing.  But I am a child of the 1970's and watched way too much TV, including HH repeats.  Indeed, I have thought of myself as Colonel Hogan when I was the senior junior professor at TTU.

Anyhow, I enjoyed my five minutes of podcast fame, especially Tim's suggestion that the McGill chancellor might be thinking about the applying the classic threat to me: having me court-martialed, then shot, and then sent to the Russian front. 

Only one quibble--they didn't answer my question--who to cast in the remake of HH?  Oh well.  A fun podcast anyway.

No comments: