Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ending Too Soon

I have been a big, big fan of Friday Night Lights, and have long been frustrated by NBC's treatment of the show.  I find it hard to wait until April when it airs on NBC, especially as the DirectTV season apparently ends this week.  Heaps of stuff online to note the passing of a moving TV series.  I hated living in Texas and I love this show about living in Texas.  Make sense of that.  Maybe I will figure it out by the end of the first season.

Check out these two reviews of the series (here and here)with some links to videos that demonstrate how moving this show was.  I include one video here--the end of the pilot:


Watch out for spoilers if you have not followed the season yet.  And if you never watched the series, a boxed set would be a great way to go.  It is not about football, and it is not really about Texas.  It is just about living in a community and dealing with each other and the 21st century.  Oh, it is an equal opportunity show--great looking cast for the boys and the girls, the men and the women, the young and the not so young.  I will miss Mrs. Coach.

I am sure I will have much more to say when I see the show's last season starting in April.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, I watched the first half dozen or so episodes, and it's certainly better than average TV, but I still just don't get the love from all quarters. I've found my time better spent watching DVD's/streaming a number of other shows I've missed. Honestly, it was hard to recover from the horribly cliched, network TV ending to the first episode.