Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Professor's New Year

















Indeed.  Even as 2014 will be a year where one book comes out and I finish the other early in the year (like maybe January?), I will still be looking for money to fund the next project.  And then the one after that and so on.  Not every hunk of research requires grant money, but pretty much every book project does.  The two books of this year were essentially funded by one grant, and I am hoping to do something like that again. 

I guess I could be the tenured full prof who stops producing, but I got about twenty years to go, and it would be a boring twenty years if I didn't keep on keeping on.

Anyhow, may y'all have a 2014 chock full of acceptances by grant agencies, journals, book publishers, and everyone else from whom we want acceptance.