Friday, November 14, 2014

Austin is Awesome

I am in Austin for the annual meeting of the International Security sections of the ISA and APSA.  A busy day of travel which started with a key oversight (will discuss after I get home).

I was amused that the "night club" featured in Friday Night Lights, the Landing Strip, is on the way from the airport to downtown Austin. 

I was struck by how many pinata stores were on a stretch of road on the way to the hotel.

I pondered whether the group in town at the Convention Center, the National League of Cities, is a force for good or evil.

I accomplished what I needed to accomplish this weekend: found some tasty sopapillas.

Next step: BBQ.  Ok, next step is serving as discussant on Saturday and then to present a paper on Sunday.... but the BBQ is calling.

No comments: